Monday, February 8, 2010

Mosley: “This time Floyd’s fighting a real welterweight!”


‘Sugar’ Shane Mosley is attending Super Bowl week to promote his May 1 super fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr. and took the time to catch up with Yahoo Sports. See what he had to say as he prepares to defend his WBA welterweight title.

“It’s on for May 1. We’ve both signed. It’s a fight that should have happened a while ago and one the fans and the people want to see. This time Floyd isn’t fighting a lightweight or a junior welterweight… he’s fighting a real welterweight!”

“In my mind I wouldn’t say I’m the underdog. I’m going to take it to him I’m going to do what I’ve got to do. Mentally as fighters both Floyd and I know who’s who and what’s what. He’s not fighting the same fighters he has been coming up who’ve never seen it before. I have a lot of confidence and have been in this game a long time. I believe in myself and know I’m the best fighter out there.”


“I was in training getting ready for the Berto fight Jan. 30 but it didn’t happen because of the tragedy in Haiti. I sent my condolences to Andre and his family and then looked to move on.”

“Floyd is a very difficult fight. He’s a talented fighter. Even though the Berto fight was lined up, Floyd was really the fight I wanted so I’m excited that it worked out.”

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails