Monday, February 8, 2010

Mayweather: “Shane bases everything on power and speed. It doesn’t work like that. I believe it’s all timing and inches!”


Floyd Mayweather Jr. is currently attending Super Bowl week to promote his May 1 fight with Shane Mosley. Floyd spoke to England’s Sky Sports about his upcoming super fight and what he thinks of ‘Sugar’ Shane.

“I’m very excited to be fighting Shane. I’ve been taking it one day at a time hanging out with my team going over the game plan. I’m ready to get in to camp.”

“Shane and I have both been in the sport a long time and have tremendous backgrounds coming from boxing families. When you take the two and put them together you get a very exciting fight. I think Shane is basing everything on power and speed. It doesn’t work like that. I believe everything in life is timing and inches. It’s not just about being a defensive fighter. It’s about being a smart fighter.”


“I’m going to come in in top condition. Shane always looks in condition in his fights so I think it will be a great fight May 1.”

“My main focus is Shane Mosley. I know in the past Shane was caught using steroids and if he’s down with taking the random blood testing I’m all for that. I think random testing should be done in boxing and all sports all over the world. We need to clean up boxing and all sports. I’ve dominated the sport of boxing for years and done so in a very clean fashion.”

“There’s a rematch clause in the contract but I didn’t really think too much about that. If Shane is concerned with a rematch that’s his prerogative but I believe in getting things done the first go around so I don’t worry about the second time.”

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails